List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Dr Klash enquiries-Accelerator key problem
From:       Rinse de Vries <rinse () kde ! nl>
Date:       2003-09-21 19:08:05

Op zondag 21 september 2003 12:10, schreef az md:
> Dear all,
>
> I just wanna know about this script. As I working for
> figuring to avoid non clash key.

Working around clashes is a very painfull job, since most GUI's consist of
more then one po file (e.g application.po and kdelibs.po .
You can check for clashes in the application itself via DRKlash.
Dunno from head how to activat DRKlash, but when it is activated you simply
open the application, press F12, debug the list of clashes in you po-file,
recompile it via
msgfmt -o application.mo application.po
put new mo-file in
$KDE_HOME/share/locale/@language@/LC_MESSAGES
and restart the app to see if the clashes are gone.
Very time consuming..

Good news is that KDE has a work around for clashes, if you us an accelerator
key which has 2 or more possibilities, KDE will highlicht the first
possibility, and lets you browse through the others when pressing the
accelerator key again.

> I wonder why only PO Compendium and Aux (which I
> rarely use, translation dbase is much more helpful)
> available.
Your version of kbabel is compiled without database support.