List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Terminology Standarization
From:       Henrique Pinto <stampede () lagoaminas ! com ! br>
Date:       2003-08-25 1:08:33

Hi,

The usability team has found wording not to be very consistent under KDE.
A recent usability study pointed poor wording as big issue. Therefore, we are
looking forward to create a KDE Terminology Standard. This should not require
KDE application to be massively adapted, but to document what is consensus in
the K desktop environment, thus helping new developers to create usable
programs. Of course some existing application may need some "fixing".

We want your comments and help on this idea. Particularly, we want help on how
to structure the document.

A simple table relating some terms is available in wiki format at

http://hannibal.lr-s.tudelft.nl/kdeusability/KdeTerminology

PS: Forgive me about my (really) bad English. I'm not a native speaker.

--
	Henrique Pinto
	stampede@coltec.ufmg.br