List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: i18n server/stats down?
From:       Heiko Evermann <Heiko.Evermann () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-07-26 8:42:52

Hi Kevin,

>I know :-)  What I'm wondering about is whether we should go ahead with the
>announcement, without being able to point to the "proof" (which looks bad for
>both us and KDE), or whether the machine will be back up in the next couple
>of days (when it would make sense to postpone the announcement).
>
>The problem is that there's a major annual Welsh cultural festival - the
>National Eisteddfod - next week (our March target, which we've met, was to
>get Welsh 100% supported by KDE before that date), and I'm about to go away
>for two weeks, so it would have been nice to be able to get the announcement
>out this weekend.
>
>I suppose I could cobble together some charts based on the info we have, but
>whether that is worthwhile or not depends on how long the stats server will
>be down.  It doesn't look as impressive, or "externally-vetted" either.  :-(

If all else fails: You can use "catalogmanager" (part of kbabel) to get
an overview over all the po-files. I just did
a cvs update on the cy branch to have a look. My interpretation of this is:

kdelibs is complete apart from katepart and ppdtranslations.
(ppdtranslations is huge, this might spoil the impression of the stats.
in kdebase only ktip is missing.
In the other modules we have some started translations.

Does this correspond to your check-in? This might be considered a valid
proof...

I am very, very much impressed about the progress of the welsh translations.

One more idea for your cultural festival: have you already had a look at
kdeedu/kstars? It is beautiful and I have heard that it often impresses
people. If you put up a translation of that it might be the first
planetarium in welsh?

Greetings,

Heiko