List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    translation into Plattdeutsch (Low Saxon)
From:       Heiko.Evermann () gmx ! de
Date:       2003-06-18 11:19:00

Is anyone already working on an internationalization into Plattdeutsch?

If not, I would like to start that. I know of at least two other people who
would like to take part. Plus there is a similar project for gnome
(platt.gnome-de.org), so we would cooperate to work out a uniform translation.

For those who do not know what Plattdeutsch (Low Saxon) is:

Plattdeutsch is the regional (and original) language of most of north
Germany. In spite of massive domination of Hochdeutsch, we still have about 5
Million people fluent in this language.

Plattdeutsch is officially recognized as a regional language (not dialect!)
by the European charter for regional or minority languages. Its protection
and preservation is official politial goal in several north German states.

Plattdeutsch has an ISO code of its own: nds

Regards,

Heiko Evermann