List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Upper Serbian
From:       Lukáš Tinkl <lukas.tinkl () suse ! cz>
Date:       2003-06-09 12:27:31

Dne po 9. června 2003 13:42 Arash Zeini napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> I noticed "Upper Serbian" in kdelibs_desktop.pot, but it is given as "Upper
>                           ^
> Sorbian", is this correct?

Upper Sorbian is correct.

> And in which sense is "upper" used here? Does it refer to a geographical
> location (north vs. south) or is it meant like "hoch" as in "Hochdeutsch"?
> (Sorry if I missed any information or discussion in this regard)

Upper means "north" here, there's also Lower Sorbian.

More info http://www.uni-leipzig.de/~sorb/engl/lang.htm

(Those languages are spoken in Germany and belong to the same language group
as Czech, Polish or Slovak BTW)

--
Lukáš Tinkl
SuSE developer; KDE developer; KOffice release manager