List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kbabel and po-format
From:       "Prof. Dr. Eduard Werner / Edward Wornar" <e.werner () rz ! uni-leipzig ! de>
Date:       2003-05-21 21:46:56

Hi, thanks for your answer.

> Dňa Streda 21 Máj 2003 07:40 Eduard Werner napísal:
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep, things like this :-) My Slovak is pretty rusty, but this is hardly
the normal way of expressing the date in Slovak, is it? In Upper Sorbian
I'd like to get sth like "Srjedu, 21. meje 2003" ...

> You can use dictionary module called PO Auxiliary (the default
> configuration shows how to search in german translations of the same PO
> file).
> Unfortunatelly, it's possible to use it for a single language only ATM.

OK, thanks, I'll look into it.

> > 2) In translations of msgids like
> >
> >   While typing in the text area, you may be presented with possible
> >   matches. This feature can be controlled by clicking with the right
> > mouse button and selecting a preferred mode from the <b>Text
> > Completion</b> menu.
> >
> > I'm missing a variable instead of a hardcoded string like "Text
> > Completion". This way, I have to ensure *by hand* that my menu is really
> > called "Text Completion" and not something else. Furthermore, if I decide
> > to change the name of the menu I again have to hunt for occurrences in
> > other modules.
>
> Sorry, what are you talking about here?

Automatic consistence of terminology. I want the "Text Completion" bit  to
change automagically whenever I decide to change the menu entry and vice
versa (as Gudmund already pointed out).

> > 5) As kbabel sometimes bails out unexpectedly, an autosave feature would
> > be great, too.
>
> It's implemented in the unstable version of KBabel. But that's not a fix.

But comforting ...

> If KBabel crashes, please, report it using bugs.kde.org including a
> backtrace (KDE crash dialog should help you with this job).

Just bailing out, no crash dialog :-(

Best

Edi