List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: spell checker etc.
From:       Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre () nbi ! dk>
Date:       2003-04-10 15:54:05

Giovanni Venturi wrote:

> Yes, MySpell is wonderfull.

I disagree!

> I always said Ispell is not good for Italian. Infact with
> word that end with "à è é ì ò ù" the dictionary goes in
> panic giving strange message and jumping the character "à
> è é ì ò ù".

That is an error in the dictionary and not something missing
in Ispell.  Ispell works quite well with Faroese (including
letters like á, ð, í, ó, ú, ý, æ and ø), Danish (including
letters like æ, ø and å), Swedish (including letters like ö
and å) and French (including letters like ç, é, è and à).

> For example the word "proverò" (in english: "I'll try") is
> checked like "prover" and than a strange message tell me
> to advise the developer of KSpell, but I don't want be the
> ones who full the developer's mail of bug.

Why don't you contact the packager or developer of your
Italian Ispell dictionary and request to have the error
fixed?

Jacob
--
"Hungh. You see! More bear. Yellow snow is always dead give-away."