List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: spell checker etc.
From:       Lukáš Tinkl <lukas () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-04-10 9:29:39

Dne čt 10. dubna 2003 11:17 Tamas Szanto napsal(a):
> 1) In the KMail search dialog, the field names
> can't be translated (From, To, Subject, Cc). This
> should be fixed in both branches IMHO.
>
> 2) (To Malcolm?) The correct abbreviation for
> "kilobyte" is "kB", not "KB". There are dozens of
> "KB" strings in the .pot files, but these should be fixed
> in HEAD only.
>
> 3) The spell checker issue: I think it would be a
> mistake to base the new KDE spell checker on
> libaspell only. Our dictionaries work very well with
> both Ispell and MySpell, but we can't port it to
> Aspell. The lack of affix compression would result in
> very large files and the suggestion algorithm is not
> perfect for Hungarian either. There are certainly other
> languages having the same problem.

Right, I just noticed (while testing ASpell in KOffice) that the Czech Aspell
dictionary has 50 MB. I think this is way too much and it's certainly not
something most distro makers would like to include on their CD's. Imagine
having 40 dictionaries 50 MB each :-/

--
Lukáš Tinkl (lukas@kde.org, lukas.tinkl@suse.cz)
KDE developer | SuSE Labs | KOffice release manager