List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    doc translation
From:       "Erik K. Pedersen" <erik () binghamton ! edu>
Date:       2003-04-08 9:06:26

I am having some problems with doc-translations at the moment and I would like
somebody to tell us what the situation is.

It seems to me, but I am not completely sure, that po2xml and xml2pot are
different in BRANCH and HEAD.

There are various files in HEAD, such as the docbook for kdvi, that produces a
very long string with lots of <para>...</para> in the string when xml2pot
from HEAD is being used. Is this a wellknown problem? I have seen the same
phenomenon in other docbooks that I don't remember.

I only translate docbooks in HEAD, not in the branch, and I keep a compiled
HEAD, at least kdelibs, kdebase, kdesdk to be able to do so. Now is actually
a good time to translate in the docbooks because the gui is moving a little
too fast.

Erik