List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kstars is in strings freeze for 1.0 release
From:       Grisha Mokhin <mokhin () bog ! msu ! ru>
Date:       2003-03-27 6:44:39

Hi Jason,

Russian team is definitely interested in providing the translation
for your excellent program.

My question is why is it necessary to create a separate branch for
it? Isn't the existing KDE_3_1_BRANCH good for this? Personally I
don't mind checking out these files, but I remember the confusion
that arose with regards to numerous tags and branches of KOffice,
KDevelop etc... it is not over yet. KBabel catalog manager supports
only one local repository for pot/po files.

Is it possible to follow two simple rules for the convenience of
translation teams?

1) ALL documentation is kept in KDE HEAD branch.
2) ALL GUI translation for the releases of the applications that
don't go with a stable release from KDE HEAD are taken from
KDE_3_1_BRANCH.

What other teams think of this?

Thanks,
Grisha