List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Lao Team ready
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-12-13 8:39:32

Am Freitag, 13. Dezember 2002 04:46 schrieb Anousak:

> My team has downloaded the 'default branch' which 3.2. They are working
> on the translation now. I intended to get these files to you in about 3
> weeks. Do you think there will be foreseeable problem with this BRANCH
> in the next month or two?

Depends on what you call a problem. The strings to translate in the default
branch ("HEAD") will continously change until the message freeze for 3.2
starts, maybe sometime in the middle of 2003 (or even later). This, of
course, is pretty frustrating for translators. Apart from this, there will be
the usual problems with unstable code.

> Or should I just go about on getting 3.1
> instead?

This depends on when you think you can finish a preliminary translation which
you think is ready for a first release (usually something like 75% of kdebase
and the basic libs and desktop files). If you can finish something like this
in the next 3-5 months I would definitely go for the 3_1_BRANCH.

Regards,

Thomas

--
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org