List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: koffice-1.2.1
From:       "Erik K. Pedersen" <erik () binghamton ! edu>
Date:       2002-12-09 19:34:07

Søndag den 8. december 2002 19:04 skrev Thomas Diehl:
> While feedback among translators was pretty positive Coolo thinks that the
> possible gains wouldn't be worth the additional work (esp. duplicating and
> maintaining the scripts). Since this additional work would probably be
> mostly on his side it seems we have to go on with our current branches.

I have to say I never understood the big advantage. All it takes is making
sure to open a branch whenever a major tag is made.

The pot-files typically don't get tagged, so those who would like to enter at
1.2.1 but were not there at 1.2 will certainly have some difficulty. The only
way I can see is to take some po-files from a translated language and delete
all the translations to produce the appropriate pot-files to merge with

Erik (Danish team)