List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kdeextragear in kde-i18n
From:       Ludootje <ludootje () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-11-26 19:56:59

Op di 26-11-2002, om 10:13 schreef Klas Kalass:
> As for the translations: The current state is that the packaging script
> includes translations in the application tarball (currently only specified
> languages). I can also imagine generating extra tarballs for the translations
> (i.e. appname-i18n-lang.tgz). What do other people think about this? Would it
> be better than including all languages in the one tarball?
>
> Greetings,
> Klas

If I understand it correctly, you're suggesting a tarball for EACH
language of EACH extragear application? Like: gwenview-i18n-de.tar.bz2?
A tarball for each language would make a lot of extra work, and the size
of each of those tarballs would be incredibly small, so I think that the
best thing to do is one tarball for ALL the languages of one application
(example: gwenview-i18n.tar.bz2). Or each language its own tarball but
for the entire extragear stuff (extragear-i18n-de.tar.bz2,
extragear-i18n-fr.tar.bz2,...). Otherwise, it would just mean a lot of
work for a ridiculous size.

Ludootje

--

 The Grasshoppers' Linux Journal - a free, online distributed magazine about \
GNU/Linux / Open Source / ... oriented towards newbies. Check it out @ \