List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kdeextragear in kde-i18n
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-11-25 9:19:33

Am Sunday 24 November 2002 16:49 schrieb Richard Čepas:
> Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, 24. November 2002 00:12 schrieb Dirk Mueller:
> > > I wonder if thats a good or a bad idea, after all kdeextragear is
> > > per-app and is not released together with KDE.
> > >
> > > Comments appreciated.
> >
> > From the these-are-the-facts point of view:
> > * Pages like http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/HEAD/X/index.php (with X =
> > abbr. for the languages) don't even list kdeextragear1/2.
> >
> > * the different i18n-teams have quite bad stats in kextragear1/2 (i.e.
> > the german team has only 69,6% done which mean about 800 strings are
> > missing)
> >
> > * At least I heard that kdeextragear is not in the release-i18n-mechanism
> >
> > Thus I think we should not add keextragear1/2 to the official package.
>
> 	While the whole kdeextragear1/2 may have bad statistics for a particular
> language, some programs in kdextragear may be fully translated and I think
> distributions are going to include selected packages from kdextragear.  If
> kdeextragear1/2 would not be added to kde-i18n package how do people are
> going to get these translations?

From the application itself.

That the extragear files are in the tarball doesn't matter as the dirs contain
no Makefile, they are not installed. So they can't conflict with latter
versions.

Dirk: If you want to reduce size of the tarball, feel free to remove the
files, but they shouldn't really matter as they are only half translated :)

Greetings, Stephan