List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: i18n problems in 3.1
From:       Lukáš Tinkl <lukas () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-11-16 10:16:11

Dne pá 15. listopadu 2002 21:30 Michal Rudolf napsal(a):
> W pią, 15 lis 2002 20:41, Tamas Szanto napisał:
> >Thanks, Lukas.
> >
> >Here is one more, a somewhat generic problem: the web page that comes up
> >for the "print:/jobs" URL is displayed incorrectly if in Konqueror the
> > default encoding is set to a fixed value, say "ISO-8859-2". The KMail and
> > Konqueror splash screens are not affected by this.
> >Can this page be forced to use UTF-8 regardless of what the default
> > encoding is? I think kioslaves other than http* should ignore this
> > default encoding value, as it may lead to other rendering problems.

Well, if you preselect a fixed encoding, I'm not sure as what the corect
behavior should be in this case... in any case, report it as a bug please

> Similar problem is with extended browsing. If you use for example
> "gg: something_with_non_ascii_letters", Google would got only '?'s instead
> of letters in current encoding.

This works fine here (Czech), so it's very strange it doesn't for you.
Although coolo told me it didn't work for him with Russian. Coolo: is this
still the case?

--
Lukáš Tinkl (lukas@kde.org, lukas.tinkl@suse.cz)
KDE developer | SuSE Labs