List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    some apps depend on locale?
From:       Grisha Mokhin <mokhin () bog ! msu ! ru>
Date:       2002-11-07 7:24:00

After building cvs I found something strange:

If I choose Russian for interface and NOT set LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R, then headers
(title bars) of some applications (for example, KBabel) appear in "????" -
question marks instead of Russian, while headers of other apps, like KMail,
appear correctly in Russian.

If I do set LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R, then all headers appear correctly in Russian.

What is the reason of this locale dependent behaviour? I thought it had been
solved...

Best wishes,
Grisha