Hello, After I was done with translating a KDE application (KStars) to Arabic, I= =20 still had few items that were not translated. I used msgfmt to convert=20 kstars.po to kstars.mo, then I copied kstars.mo to=20 /opt/kde3/share/locale/ar/LC_MESSAGES , or something like=20 that that contains all the arabic translations. I noticed two things: 1) Two menu items were not translated. "Focus" and "Time" were not transl= ated.=20 All menu items are declared in an .rc file, with something like this: F&ocus I didn't translate the other menu items (like Tools, Help..etc) but they = were=20 in Arabic nonetheless when the locale was turned to Arabic. I would guess= =20 from that that the menu items translation is taken from somewhere else? m= aybe=20 kdelibs or something like that?=20 2) Some other items were not translated, when I looked in the KStars code= , I=20 found that they all share the same feature. They all use the "extended" i= 18n,=20 the version that takes care of Context (whether the word is a verb or a=20 noun), Here is an example: RAzLabel =3D new QLabel( i18n( "azimuth of object as it rises above horiz= on",=20 "Azimuth at rise:" ), this ); You would notice that i18n takes two arguments, the first one defines the= =20 context, and the second one is the string itself.=20 I invoke xgettext using keywords -ki18n and -kI18N_NOOP and the resulting= .pot=20 file includes the first argument "azimuth of object as it rises above=20 horizon", but the "Azimuth at rise" string is not there. I'm not sure if it _meant_ to be that way or something else, but after th= e=20 translation, "Azimuth at rise" is still in English, so there must be=20 something wrong. Any ideas? regards, Jasem Mutlaq