Stephan Kulow schreef op 29 oktober 2002: > Am Tuesday 29 October 2002 08:58 schrieb Best, Jan-Pascal van: > > Hi all, > > > > I've had some hard-to-track bug reports on the > > KOrganizer Exchange plugin, mainly because in > > KDE3.1 beta1 the plugin gave hardly any user > > feedback. I'd like to add some error-reporting > > code to the plugin, but that would include some > > strings that are displayed to the user, like > > "The Exchange server could not be reached or returned an error", > > "Server response could not be interpreted", > > "Appointment data could not be interpreted", etc. > > > > This error-reporting patch (with some more > > code in the kdepim-exchange library) is under > > review on the kde-pim list right now, but I'd l > > ike to know what to do with the error strings. > > Would the i18n folks prefer to have these go > > in without i18n() for KDE3.1, so that they > > don't show up in your "Things to do - urgent" > > lists? > > > Either you do not put it in at all (and respect the=20 > message freeze) or you put it in as normal and give > the translators a last minute chance to catch up. In that case, when Cornelius has looked over the patch and if he agrees to it, I'll check it in as it is. > In general untranslated error strings are prefered > over crashes. But you should make sure that these > strings are really only shown in rare conditions and > not add e.g. a greeting string or change already > existant strings "because it looks better". No, they're "real" error messages that show up=20 when "something" goes wrong in the communication=20 with an exchange server. That "something" may be=20 caused by an error in in the server address or=20 user name, though. I suspect something like that is happening in at least one of the error reports I've had, but I can't really find out now. Thanks for the quick reply, Jan-Pascal