List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Please run ./update_xml
From:       Éric Bischoff <e.bischoff () noos ! fr>
Date:       2002-10-24 13:16:24

Hi all,

We are getting nearer from KDE 3.1 release candidate 1, and I must warn
everyone again that :

	IF YOU DO NOT REGENERATE THE DOCBOOK FILES YOURSELF,
	NOBODY WILL DO IT FOR YOU, AND YOUR TRANSLATIONS WON'T
	BE SEEN BY KDE 3.1 USERS

When I look at

	http://i18n.kde.org/stats/doc/test/index.html

I can see that many docbook files need to be regenerated before KDE 3.1
release :

	Portuguese		35 files
	Slovak		35 files
	German		34 files
	French		28 files
	British English	25 files
	Hungarian		16 files
	Xhosa		14 files
	Brazilian Pt.	12 files
	N. Bookmal		9 files
	Dutch		6 files
	Russian		6 files
	Italian		4 files
	Czech		3 files
	Danish		2 files
	Slovenian		2 files
	Spanish		2 files
	Ukrainian		1 file

If you are planning to regenerate them before the release, just ignore this
message.

How to proceed:
- run ./update_xml
- you will see the markup problems you've introduced in the po files (if any)
- fix these problems, asking me for help if needed
- and re-run ./update_xml until it finally works
- don't forget to commit the resulting docbook files at the end

--
- Linux produces remarkedly less hot air than Windows: under
Windows, the processor gets hot after just a few minutes...