List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [important] No more automatic generation of DocBook files
From:       Éric Bischoff <e.bischoff () noos ! fr>
Date:       2002-10-09 8:27:02

On Tuesday 08 October 2002 20:17, Stefan Asserhäll wrote:
> Today (2002-10-08) I looked at the Swedish
> page (stats_sv.html), and see a yellow entry for e.g. kpackage.po. If I
> check, both kde-i18n/sv/docs/kdeadmin/kpackage/index.docbook and
> kde-i18n/sv/messages/docs/kdeadmin/kpackage.po are up-to-date,
> and both the docbook file in kdeadmin/doc/kpackage/index.docbook and
> the template in templates/docs/kdeadmin/kpackage.pot are older, so I
> can't understand why the entry is yellow.

The docbook file has to be _older_ as the po file for the entry to be green.

In that case, latest commits are by the same person (Coolo):
po file: 2002/08/11 11:36:14
DocBook file: 2002/08/11 11:36:11

The DocBook file is 3 seconds _younger_ as the po file :-/. I guess it's an
unexpected side effect of committing them both at the same time... But as
Coolo has stopped regenerating the docbook files automatically, it won't
happen anymore.

> What must I do to remove the yellow status?

Regenerate the docbook file and commit it.

If CVS refuses to commit the new docbook file because it's identical to the
old docbook file, which is likely to happen in such a case, just add an extra
linefeed at the end of the docbook file and commit it. Say in the CVS log
that you're doing that to aknowledge the fact that the docbook file is up to
date, despite the apparences. The yellow entry will disappear at next script
run.

Sorry for the inconvenience, such situations will progressively disappear.

--
Éric Bischoff
KDE : ad expugnandum tabulam scriptoriam suam