List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kdelibs.po
From:       Arash Zeini <a.zeini () farsikde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-02 14:36:41

On Monday 02 September 2002 06:30 pm, Malcolm Hunter wrote:

> On Monday 02 September 2002 12:09, Arash Zeini wrote:
> > To come back to my initial question again, which somehow seems to be
> > related; in the message below, the only way to avoid an error for the
> > argument check, is to take over both messages but to delete the line
> > break. If I take over the line break or translate just one line, then
> > this entry will be marked as 'faulty'. But I guess from plural handling
> > point of view this solution might not be clean! Any comments?
>
> This works fine in english - is the problem peculiar to farsi?

I don't think that the problem is peculiar to Farsi. Maybe to NoPlural
languages/setting, or else my understanding of NoPlural is not correct. I
understand that for NoPlural I have to translate only one string, since the
language only needs one. But if I do that I get an argument error.

> %1 / %n file\n
> %1 / %n files
>
> I'm sure that removing the '\n' will break the translation, otherwise where
> does the parser know where the next form begins?

The strange thing it passes the test only without the \n at the end of the
first line, as given in my example:

#: kio/kio/defaultprogress.cpp:255 kio/kio/defaultprogress.cpp:269
_n: %1 / %n file\n
%1 / %n files
---
%1 / %n file