List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Re: Karbon(14) rename to curt
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-08-22 9:48:22

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 14:44:18 +0200, kudling@kde.org wrote:

>> Do we want a repeat of Krayon though? I think it would be better to drop
>> Karbon14 (Curt) from the release than distros get bad press coverage
>
>Indeed, the main problem arose when it was decided to include
>karbon/curt into koffice now, because kontour is broken. We really
>thought, we had more time. And in the meantime we talked with a dutch
>lawyer and the doubts/fears increased significantly. And chosing a
>better name takes much longer than one might think, especially when one
>lacks time anyway.
>
>An inoccent question: what prevents us from just applying a
>find/grep/sed script?

For example lack of people who have the time and bandwidth to work on
kde-i18n as a whole, the languages with non-latin alphabets that use
transcriptions to their own characters and, maybe, the GenericName
stuff in the .desktop files that may differ for "Curt" from what some
teams had for "Karbon14".

Thomas

---
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/