List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.0 alpha 1 - translations
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-07-02 5:38:12

Am Montag, 1. Juli 2002 21:32 schrieb Jacek Stolarczyk:

> > Feedback appreciated.
>
> I guess you mean 3.1 alpha? I would say: release and publish the list of
> languages that do not meet the criteria for release. Nothing works as a
> better "push" than seeing your language not included ;-)

While I definitely agree with the "push" part of your message I don't see a
point to include translations with alpha releases which are meant for
developers only. Most teams have not even started with HEAD translations
(including the German one) or are busy with KOffice translations.

I'd say: wait for the first beta with including translations. And even then we
should probably "push" very gently. You can't expect teams to fully meet the
requirements that early in the process. But, as for the final release, I
would still vote for applying the requirement thing more strictly again than
we did in 3.0.

Regards,

Thomas

--