List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Compilation errors
From:       Frikkie Thirion <frix () expertron ! co ! za>
Date:       2002-06-26 15:24:58

Jy het op Wednesday 26 June 2002 15:51 geskryf
> > Could somebody pls. shed some light on the following errror that I get
> > when I'm trying to compile the language files for the AF language team,
> > checked out of the 3.0-BRANCH of the cvs?
> >
> > I have GNU m4 1.4o-89 installed on my system.
>
> Use automake 1.5 and autoconf 2.5x.

Hallo David,

I've upgraded my SuSE 7.3 distribution's automake 1.4 with a SuSE 8.0 automake
1.5-156 and have autoconf-2.52-73 + make-3.79.1-18 also installed. (I see
you're from Mandrake ;)
The error message was reduced quite a bit, but still one critical error
remains... You don't know of any work arounds?

Regards
Frikkie Thirion

[Command]
make -f Makefile.cvs

[Output]
This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
This will be deleted before making the distribution

*** Creating acinclude.m4
!!! If you get recursion errors from autoconf, it is advisable to set the
    environment variable M4 to something including "--nesting-limit=500"
*** Creating aclocal.m4
aclocal: macro `_LT_AC_SYS_COMPILER' required but not defined
make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2