List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Tibetan: how to proceed?
From:       Grisha Mokhin <mokhin () bog ! msu ! ru>
Date:       2002-06-25 9:47:15

Hi Katrin,

I think using sambhota or any other proprietary Tibetan encoding
methods is not portable. Let us do better way. The amount of work for
translation is quite huge, and the sooner you start, the better. I
suggest you and monks start translating using Wylie transliteration.

That way it is possible to use KBabel, with its translation database
and all other nice features.

I will write a Wylie<->Unicode converter. Later your translated
po-files will be converted to Unicode, and meanwhile me and Lars will
work on proper display of Tibetan. I do hope we will be able to get
something usable before 3.1 (or 3.1.1) release of KDE.

BTW, can you tell me (in a private message, if you prefer), how many
people (monks?) will work on this and who is their teacher?

Best wishes,
Grisha