List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Are app, info, doc valid english words?
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () virgilio ! it>
Date:       2002-06-22 10:49:50

Hello to everybody on this list.
I am one of the Italian translator, and I am currently
translating the /kioslave_.+/ documents.
The one I am currently working on is kioslave_print.po,
where I have to translate the string

displays useful info about the named printer

My question is:
do we really want words like info, doc etc.
in documents to be read by end user?
It's all right in mail, and in informal speech between
computer literate people, but I think normal people
could find them strange.
On the other hand, I may be off track, since I am not a native
speaker.

About the kioslave docs ;-)
Their style is not very uniform, there are unappropriate tags
sometimes, like <acronym>printer</acronym>, for example,
and I think they should be revised a bit.

So, I have just shot myself in the foot,
since I am almost over with them for the next 3.0 release...

Luciano