List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re[2]: subjoined letters in Tibetan
From:       Grisha Mokhin <mokhin () bog ! msu ! ru>
Date:       2002-06-20 16:54:14

Hi, Lars,

LK> I'm starting to wonder, if we're not talking about different glyph
LK> shapes for the same letter here.
It seems yes, you are right. So it is even better, if we don't have to
add anything to Unicode.

Then how is it possible to store these glyph variants in a font? In
private use area? Glyphs in a truetype font should anyway have some
encoding and unicode assignment. Once we have such a font, then all
the things you mention will work. But I must confess I'm completely
ignorant about the difference between open type and true type font. I
have both Fontographer for Win and pfaedit for Linux, are they good
for that? Or can you point me to a reference to open type tables you
mention, for self-education? :)

How long will it take to program such a rendering engine, once we have
a font? Will it operate on the level of Qt or X11?

So I will check whether all Tibetan Sanskrit letters are represented,
and if no, then we can send a much smaller proposal to the unicode
mailing list.

Best wishes,
Grisha