List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Congrulations for Swedish team!
From:       Dwayne Bailey <dwayne () obsidian ! co ! za>
Date:       2002-05-29 7:03:57

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Pedro Morais wrote:

> Em Terça, 28 de Maio de 2002 11:01, David Faure escreveu:
> > I think the only good solution would be that the KOffice .desktop files are
> > in their own .po, e.g. koffice_desktop.po, instead of being part of
> > desktop.po.
>
> Yeah, and while we are at it, maybe we should break desktop.po into a file
> per module, or at least separate also kdenonbeta (and others) from the main
> desktop.po.

Possibly a good suggestion as it would allow teams to concentrate on areas
that they feel are very relevant to their translation effort.  It does
present a side issue that complete translation ideal is lost.  kdenonbeta
would be a definate split in my opinion.

--
Kind regards
Dwayne Bailey

Obsidian Systems
dwayne@obsidian.co.za     +27-21-448 9265 (work)
+27-21-448 9574 (fax)     +27-83-443 7114 (cell)

"An English-only, or even an English-mainly, policy necessarily condemns
most people, and thus the country as a whole, to a permanent state of
mediocrity, since people are unable to be spontaneous, creative and
self-confident if they cannot use their first language"
         Dr Neville Alexander - 'Where English can Serve but not Empower.'