List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: new i18n language
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-21 5:46:41

Am Sonntag, 19. Mai 2002 20:51 schrieb Rob Kaper:

> Yes, but we would like to develop it within regular CVS. Not all languages
> >from the kde-i18n module are included into releases (just take 'xx' for
> example) so it should be possible to work there without ending up as
> default language. ;-)

xx is a mere commodity for developers in order to track down i18n bugs, you
cannot count this as a "language".

As for other translations that are not yet distributed: these are simply
unmaintained or badly maintained. But they are in CVS with the clear purpose
to get distributed one day soon as the find more dedicated maintainers and/or
language teams.

With space and adminstrative requirements for the kde-i18n module getting
higher and higher and lots of regular teams (eg from India) waiting for
inclusion I'm totally against including any fun projects that do not even aim
at regular distribution. Besides: If we start including projects like this we
can hardly deny it to others, no matter how obscure or badly maintained they
are.

Please find a way to keep this project outside the regular kde-i18n module.
(If you insist to have it in there, you might want to talk to Klas Kalass
whether he sees a chance for such things in his upcoming "apps" modules.)

Regards,

Thomas