List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    KDE 3.1 i18n features?
From:       Tamas Szanto <tszanto () MOL ! hu>
Date:       2002-04-29 19:42:29

When the feature set of the KDE 3.1 release is more or less
complete, someone please send here a detailed list of the
i18n-specific parts of the plan so we can discuss that. It's
just better to know the planned features in advance.

If a requested improvement is not expected to get in 3.1 because
no one has volunteered for it, please let us know, maybe someone
reading this list is willing to help.

Here are some i18n features I'd like to see in KDE 3.1:

1) Better support for dictionaries

Local dict file support should be added to KDict. This feature
has been on the TODO list for quite some time.

2) Hyphenation

Well, it's a complex problem. Are there any plans for i18n
hyphenation in KDE?

3) Dictionary and spell checking plugins for Konqueror

The first one is obvious. A spell checking plugin would be
very useful for web designers.

4) Language-specific search identifiers in Konqueror

This one could be implemented in .po messages.

5) Ispell dictionary path checking

The Ispell search path is still fixed, and doesn't include the default
path (when Ispell is compiled from sources). It's really a minor issue.

6) Still more font management

The font installer doesn't support installing remote
(FTP/HTTP) files.

Tamas Szanto
tszanto@mol.hu
the Hungarian i18n team