List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kde-localised.css
From:       Éric Bischoff <e.bischoff () noos ! fr>
Date:       2002-04-19 16:57:03

On Friday 19 April 2002 18:49, Meni Livne wrote:
> Greetings,

Hi Meni. Let's continue this discussion in kde-docbook.

> I've been experimenting with translating KDE's documentation into Hebrew,
> and it seems that the translated documentation needs its direction set to
> right-to-left. This can be acheived by adding the following line to a
> stylesheet:
> body {direction: rtl;}

This should not necessarily be done in the CSS style sheet. I think it rather
should rather be done by the DocBook style sheets at the level of the HTML
file.

Did you try to translate a small doc and to convert it to docbook ? Frederik,
do we have the infractructure for hebrew in the KDE style sheets?

> I tried adding it to my kde-localised.css, in the Hebrew doc common/
> directory, but that didn't seem to have any effect. I thought any settings
> there would override kde-default.css. kde-default in that directory is a
> symbolic link to the English one, and I thought this shouldn't be changed.
>
> Does kde-localised.css have any effect at all? Has any other team tried
> adding something to it?

See above.