List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [IMPORTANT] KDE_3_0_BRANCH vs CVS HEAD
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-03 10:11:57

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 11:10:42 +0200, Vedran Ljubovic wrote:

>I see fuzzies appearing in HEAD, not in KDE_3_0_BRANCH, so I fix them
>there.
>Is this wrong?

Usually: Yes, it's wrong.

There shouldn't be any (or hardly any) new strings or fuzzy strings in
the branch for 2 reasons:

1) Because this branch still is under message freeze
2) Because we only have very sporadic (manual) message merges there. So
even if there are new strings (due to bug fixes and making formerly
untranslatable strings accessible to us) they will take longer to
appear than usual

Most important however: The 3_0_BRANCH is the one supposed to become
the next release (3.0.1 in a few weeks, possibly also 3.0.2 and so on
if need be). HEAD will not be released before 3.1 which is months
away and messages there will be changing all the time. Also the
changes will change which makes translations pretty much a waste of
time for most teams.

So: rather concentrate on translations in the BRANCH and copy them over
to HEAD if we are really approaching 3.1.

Regards,

Thomas

---
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/