List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    IMPORTANT: KDE 3.0 not so final
From:       Dirk Mueller <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-03-26 3:23:56

Hi,

due to the popular request (read: lots of frustrated replies ;) ) I've
redone the KDE 3.0 final i18n tarball to include more languages. I
understand it wasn't made clear before that languages < 75% in kdelibs/base
will not be included in the final, although it was a commonly established
rule in previous releases.

Therefore, especially because of the i18n.kde.org outage, I've taken a look
at the status table and decided to re-include all languages who have a
translation-average on kdelibs/kdebase of at least 50%. This is a fairly low
limit, mainly because this is a major release with a relatively short string
freeze period. Also, there was a lot of work to do for the teams that need
the new Unicode support for their language. I think a not-so-perfectly
translated desktop is still better than an untranslated one.

So, with other words, relative to the previous list of included languages
the following ones are added as well:

af
az
bg
ca
el
hr
id
is
ko
nb
pl
ro
sr
ta
vi
zh_TW

This means, that *only* the following languages are *excluded* from release:

be
br
cy
eu
ga
gl
ku
mi
mk
oc
wa

I hope that makes you all happy again :-)

Dirk