List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Latin translation
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-25 15:55:38

Am Montag, 25. März 2002 14:23 schrieb Michel Loos:
> Hi,
>
> I am interrested in a Latin translation fo KDE.
>
> Is there anybody allready working on this project ?

There was some talk about it at times. But, AFAIK, nothing ever came of it.

Personally, I'd really like to see this. But are you aware that we are
talking something like the translation of almost 80,000 text strings
(GUI and doc combined)? It's almost impossible to pull this off as a
one-man-team, esp. in a language like Latin.

What we do _not_ need are more languages that just add to the size of
kde-i18n and to adminstration work. Therefore, before getting anything
into KDE CVS I'd like to know if you see a realistic chance to ever finish
that project or get it into a usable state at least.

Regards,

Thomas

--
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/