List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: ktuberling sounds
From:       Éric Bischoff <e.bischoff () noos ! fr>
Date:       2002-03-07 7:00:55

On Wednesday 06 March 2002 21:21, Andreas Beckermann wrote:
> That's 244k. 244k per language seems to be acceptable.

It's not only a size problem, we have new sounds that do not exist in WAV
format, and I currently do not have the ressources to convert them back.

> We cannot ship a game that makes the complete system freeze.

Hmmm, I did not know about a system freeze. Of course I would not have left it
like that if I had known.

But if think you agree that this freeze will agree anyway if someone attempts
to play a OGG sound at the wrong frequency ? So the correct way to fix the
problem is to apply the patch to aRts, not to revert ktuberling.

> On the subject of "without asking": this is a critical bug. I know that
> .ogg is not working and I know that .wav is working.

Come on, I'm responsive to emails, and thinking before acting is always
better.

> Do I need to say more?

"Sorry" would have been enough ;-).