List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Meaningless kdelibs messages?
From:       Hamish Rodda <meddie () yoyo ! cc ! monash ! edu ! au>
Date:       2002-02-24 11:00:54

>> "The request expected to return a file, however the directory "
>> "<strong>%1</strong> was returned instead."
>
>So maybe it should say.... "the request expected a directory
>but found a file instead" or something like that. Actually you're right,
>it doesn't return anything at all, just an error message.

Having read it again more closely, I agree the message would be clearer (and
in some cases more accurate) with "find" and "found" instead of "return" and
"returned"... eg:

"The request expected a file, however the directory "
"<strong>%1</strong> was found instead."

Still, this probably isn't going to be very clear to non-techincal users,
which is why it's a good thing they should rarely see it.

BTW is it possible to get an indication of which teams have translated which
strings? And is there a "i18n guide for programmers" which addresses all of
my questions and more that I should have read from the start?

Cheers,

Hamish