On Joi 21 Feb 2002 09:16, Anthony Fok wrote: > BTW, somewhat related is that the World Youth Day 2002 web site > uses PHP to provide translations into multiple Western and Asian langua= ges, > with help from volunteer translators all over the world through the > Internet. > > I do not know the technical details, but just to show you that it is > possible. http://www.wyd2002.org/ > > (I just helped translated a very small portion of the WYD2002 site into > Chinese. :-) > > But yes, this would be really cool if Free Software / Open Source proje= ct > web sites could provide a PHP interface for users to just go to a web p= age > and type in a translation, and the server automatically stores the new > translated strings in MySQL or PostgreSQL, etc. etc. :-) Translating is not about just translate words from one language=20 to another. It's about translatin style, translator's culture and of course many more tiny things. > > Cheers, > > Anthony kind regards, --=20 Claudiu Costin