List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Automated DCOP Reference Generation
From:       Frerich Raabe <raabe () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-31 18:41:30

Hi,

I'm currently writing a script which will generate a DCOP API reference
automatically by combining a template file (which explains common stuff such
as how to invoke the dcop and kdcop applications and how to treat the input
and output data types [how e.g. QColor objects are serialized by DCOP]). It
then calls the DCOP interface(s) of an application and parses the output. The
generated reference then looks like this:

<segmentedlist>
<segtitle>Method name</segtitle>
<segtitle>Input parameter</segtitle>
<segtitle>Return value</segtitle>
<segtitle>Description</segtitle>
<seglistitem>
	<seg>bool update(int n)</seg>
	<seg>n: Number of column to update</seg>
	<seg>Returns whether the update succeeded.</seg>
	<seg>Updates a specific column in the list. Note that this also works when
the application's "Offline mode" was activated.</seg>
</seglistitem>
</segmentedlist>

I wonder whether this script would be useful for others as well. If so, I'd
gladly adjust the script, removing all hacks and generalizing the code so
that it should work in environments other than mine as well.

- Frerich