On Sunday 27 January 2002 09:52, Eric Bischoff wrote: > 5: And finally, we're working on changing the way the (tm) and (r) is > marked in the HTML output, and eventually we hope you as authors won't have > to worry about it. For now however, it is VERY important that you markup > trademark names. So now the docs are safe, what about the program code? From no application in particular: ./conduits/popmail/popmail-conduit.cc: showMessage(i18n("Error writing mail message to Pilot")); This is referring to the 3Com (r) PalmPilot (tm) device; the usage of the word is such that its meaning also encompasses *all* Palm Computing (tm) OS devices, including Handspring (tm) Visors (tm). Should programs with error messages and/or tooltips include trademark information as well? (Possibly we could add a "Trademarks are the properties of their respective owners" to the about box and refer to the docs for fuller acknoledgement). As for this particular situation, I can quote from O'Reilley's "Palm Programming" : "People call them Pilots; the company calls them Palm devices." I notice the same book only does the (tm) and (r) thing in the foreword.