List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translating strings with %n and pluralforms
From:       Isam Bayazidi <bayazidi () arabeyes ! org>
Date:       2002-01-23 16:41:34

On Wednesday 23 January 2002 17:45, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> I once posted the list of current languages. But you should know your
> language and if you find NoPlural incorrect, then you would need to supply
> the rules for finding different translations and I either tell you the name
> of the current form or code it.

OK the word File is 'mlf' ( MEM LAM FAH ) here is how it get counted:
"mlf wahed " ( means: one file)
"mlfan" ( means 2 files)
"n mlfat" ( as n>=3 and n<=10 )
"n mlf" ( as n>10 )

so it has 4 cases ( 1, 2 , 3..10 , 11..up ) .. is there a case for it ? it
seems like a OneTwoFewMany case :-) I don't know if there is other language
that uses the same cases for the numbers and counted names..

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi