List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kvoctrain
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-14 20:18:10

On Monday, 14. January 2002 20:45, Tamas Szanto wrote:
> Yikes!
>
> The kvoctrain.pot file contains 160+ language names, from "Afar"
> to "Zulu".  Would it be possible to get rid of these items?
> Many of these names can be found in "desktop.pot", in "Name=xxx"
> form. IMHO those languages that are simply not supported in
> X/KDE (yet) could be safely removed.

The author says no and I have to agree having heard his arguments.
He thinks that it's even very likely that you want to learn a language that
your KDE is _not_ translated to. Say Latin. The list is indeed quite massive,
but I wouldn't like to be the one to say which language people should learn
and which not.

Greetings, Stephan