List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [OT] Where's "oc" spoken?
From:       Eric Bischoff <e.bischoff () noos ! fr>
Date:       2001-12-28 13:12:05

Le Vendredi 28 Décembre 2001 14:01, Gudmund Areskoug a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Marc Mutz wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > browsing the list of translations, I came accross oc (Occitan). Where's
> > that language spoken?
>
> AFAIK in France, the Oc region (as in Langue d'Oc) somewhere north
> of the riviera, but I may be mistaken.

It's spoken in the South-West of France, not in the South-East as you suggest
it, but we'll forgive you, I wouldn't be able to locate the Swedish dialects
(if any) on a map ;-).

Other dialects and languages spoken if France:
- Alsacian (Elsässisch)
- Basque (Euzkadi)
- Corsican (Corsu)
- Gaelic (Breizhonegh)
plus a whole variety of smallest dialects and variants, like Picard, Vieux
Gallo, Bearnais, ...