List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Arabic/Hebrew translations of libqt
From:       Lars Knoll <lars () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2001-10-30 19:01:32

On Tuesday 30 October 2001 19:54, Isam Bayazidi wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 October 2001 6:38pm, Lars Knoll wrote:
> > If there is anyone from the Arabic/Hebrew teams, that would like to help
> > us out with this, please let me know
>
>   I am intetersted as well .. I am from the Arabeys team (
> www.arabeyes.org) .. Please give me a note on what is needed .. I have the
> source of QT3, didn't compile it yet.. what are the files needed to be
> translated ? what is the work needed .. I really want to see QT running
> Arabic smoothly with no glitches ..

As I already mailed Meni a minute ago, you'll need to compile Qt3.0
(especially the linguist and the lupdate tool).

Then copy qt_untranslated.ts to qt_ar.ts, run linguist on it, and send me the
result once you finished it.

For the demo example, you will need to create the .ts file by editing the
demo.pro file in QTDIR/examples/demo, adding the
TRANSLATIONS += demo_ar.ts
line, and running "lupdate demo.pro". Afterwards it works the same as with
qt_ar.ts.

You can start "assistant" once you compiled Qt, to get some help
documentation on the linguist and the other translation tools.

Thanks,
Lars