Yes but menus will become a real problem if you get the translations over th enet because of the system with .desktop files. There ought to be a better way to localize than the present system. I can update the translations of programs very easily, but the menus are cumbersome Erik On Sun, 28 Oct 2001, Thomas Diehl wrote: > Am Sonntag, 28. Oktober 2001 03:44 schrieb Erik Kjær Pedersen: > > > I was just told that the Danish translations are not included in SuSE Linux > > 7.3 Professional, whereas they used to be included. > > On my CDs (German edition) the Danish translations _are_ included > (k2de -> kde-i18n-da). But I must admit that the packaging looks really > awkward in this area. There are only very few translations included (Czech, > Danish, Dutch, Japanese, UK English, Ukrainian, and German), not even French, > Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, or other "big languages". > > > I wonder whether this > > is because of size. If the increased size of translations means they get > > left out, I guess there is little point in translating. > > This is a bit exaggerated, IMO. You can always get translations over the net. > But I agree that this extremely annoying. > > Regards, > > Thomas > > -- Linux: :) Windows: XP