List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Search module missing from Kcontrol and KhelpCenter
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-22 8:17:01

On Saturday 20 October 2001 20:52, P. de Vicente wrote:
>    I have just noticed, it took me one month to notice it :-) , some
> strange things in Kcontrol and Khelpcenter.
>
> - In Kcontrol I miss the Help module which allowed to search words using
> the htdig engine. Where has it gone?. I guess this is not a distribution
> related issue (I am using Debian). This same problem happens in the
> Khelpcenter which the documentation says to have 3 tabs in the left panel
> while I can only see 2, and the one missing is "Search" again.
Since we switched to XML docbook, we didn't offer the search tab. It's gone
for ages to say so. I'm planing for a fuzzy full text search for KDE 3, but
htdig doesn't work for us and it seems the development has droped ;(

> - There are issues which cannot be accessed from the Khelpcenter like
> documentation for KioSlaves. The only way I knew was through the "Search"
> tab. It is a pitty this documentation is translated and it is not
> available.
It never was meant to be accessible from the help center. The documentation
for the ioslaves is in kcontrol/network/protocols

> - The Khelpcenter does not allow the printing of its screen. Th print icon
> is not "active"
Possible. There isn't really a maintainer for the helpcenter ;(

> - All quoted text (<quote> </quote>) appears in Spanish between ? ?.
That's an encoding problem. I don't know what quotes you used, but most
likely what you used doesn't exist in your font and khtml doesn't add a work
around for that specific kind of quotes.

Greetings, Stephan