List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KDE3 : How to use the widget mirroring feature of Qt3
From:       Meni Livne <livne () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-18 18:49:58

On 2001-10-18 16:14:50, Amaoui Hicham wrote:
> Hi!
> Just want to ask how to use the widgets mirroring
> feature of Qt3 with KDE3 ?
> I'm insterested in arabic support under kde.

You can start any KDE 3.0 application with the command
line option --reverse and its interface will show up mirrored.

However, the obvious behavior we should expect is for
applications to automatically come up reversed if KDE's
language is set to an RTL one, but this isn't yet implemented.

In qapplication.cpp from the Qt 3.0 sources,we can find this:
    // hook to set the layout direction of dialogs
    if( tr( "QT_LAYOUT_DIRECTION",
            "Translate this string to the string 'LTR' in left-to-right"

            " languages or to 'RTL' in right-to-left languages (such as
Hebrew"
            " and Arabic) to get proper widget layout." ) == "RTL" )
        setReverseLayout( TRUE );

I guess this string should somehow get into kdelibs.po, probably
through the file qt-messages.pot, but I'm not sure who is
responsible for doing this.