Le Mardi 18 Septembre 2001 17:21, Gaute Hvoslef Kvalnes a écrit : > > Why don't you keep " in the translation? > > By Norwegian typographical convention, single quotes (') or angle qoutes > («») are preferred. The use of single quotes is standardised throughout the > Nynorsk translation, even when the English texts are inconsistent. I understand. This is Yet Another Good Reason to use .... This kind of national conventions can be explicited in the style sheets. And then you don't worry about "e;, ", ', «, etc. You are even allowed to change your mind if you realize you were wrong in the first place ;-). > (I just realised the reason you ask might be because it's possible (is it?) > to redefine the " entity in documentation (although « and » could be > difficult). I haven't translated much docs, but I've encountered the " > in the HTML formatted texts of some regular applications as well.) No, I don't think we can easily/safely redefine " because it's not a KDE entity, but an ISO entity. We would need &kquot; if we wanted that ;-).