List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: What does this means...
From:       "Adriaan de Groot" <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2001-09-13 7:14:57

On Thursday 13 September 2001 08:02, John Knight wrote:
> I'm unaware of what "demarshal" means here, but de means the opposite of
> something like "decompose". In this instance there was probably something
> using the value "%1" and it's probably tring to not utilise it after it has
> been utilised.
>
> Marshal generally means utilise, in cases like this, if that's any help.

Well, it could be a noun, too, and "demarshal" then means something like
"lower in rank (in the army)". [this is a joke]

"Demarshal", as used in the DCOP sources, means something like "translate
back from a format suitable for transport over the network into a format
usable for calculation".  The word here is derived from "marshalling", which
is used in the railway industry, where train wagons are placed one after the
other in the correct order, so that they can be easily decoupled from the
train when they reach their destination(s).

Just about any word meaning "put back together" could be used here.

--
[ade] at home, probably hacking at KPilot