List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Fwd: Bug#908: kfm huge memory leak
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-03-09 9:25:10

Anybody knows why X process grows when using kfm ??

----- Forwarded message from Ben Skelton <skeltobc@elec.canterbury.ac.nz> -----

Subject: Bug#908: kfm huge memory leak
Date: 	Tue, 09 Mar 1999 16:33:12 +1300
From: Ben Skelton <skeltobc@elec.canterbury.ac.nz>
To: submit@bugs.kde.org

Package: kfm
Version: 1.167
Severity: grave

kfm seems to leak memory while browsing. After a lot of kfm usage I
notice that X uses more and more memory. Killing kfm does not reduce this and
the X server must be restarted. I restart it usually before X consumes 50% mem
of 64MB and 100 MB swap. At the very worst X must be restarted every couple of
hours at best every couple of days.

I am using binary RPMS of kde 1.1 from SuSE. I am using the SVGA X server with
16 bit colour.

--Ben

----- End forwarded message -----

--