List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: new KURL, ...
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-04-05 12:08:42

On Mon, Apr 05, 1999 at 12:32:29AM +0200, Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:
> Hi!
> I just fixed KOffice to work with the new KURL and found a problem. KURL
> requires the kdelnk files from kdebase/kioslave/* to be able to parse an
> url and return something useful. But for some reason I had no kdebase
> installed, so I couldn't load anything in the koffice (urls were malformed). As
> kdebase is not really required for koffice and KURL from kdelibs is depended on
> a kdebase module (kioslave) at the moment, what do you think about moving
> kioslave to kdelibs?

Ah, right, this is a problem.
In fact, it makes sense for all kioslaves that URL are not understood if
they're not installed, except for the "file://" URLs. You don't need a
kioslave to read a file on your hard disk ;)
I would suggest moving only file.kdelnk to kdelibs.
Or better : have file:/ urls recognised by KURL even if no .kdelnk is installed.
Torben ?

BTW, we have the same problem with tar : no kioslave currently exists, so
no URL containing "tar:/" is considered valid. This is not really a problem
for konqy, since kio_tar doesn't exist anyway, but it's a problem for
kurltest which likes to test tar urls ;)

--
David FAURE
david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org